sábado, 8 de septiembre de 2012

If they give you ruled paper, write the other way.....





The fastest way to succeed is to look as if you're playing by other people's rules, while quietly playing by your own......









Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. ....







No man can cause more grief than that one clinging blindly to the vices of his ancestors.....







The most damaging phrase in the language is:  "It's always been done that way." ....






The strongest man in the world is he who stands alone. .....







I don't want to give up anymore.  I want to be strong and stand for what I think even in the face of those most spiteful.....







At the bottom of a good deal of bravery... lurks a miserable cowardice.  Men will face powder and steel because they cannot face public opinion.....








If you want to look like the people next door, you're probably smothering yourself and your dreams....







How glorious it is - and also how painful - to be an exception....







Lots of times you have to pretend to join a parade in which you're not really interested in order to get where you're going.....







Never assume the obvious is true.....







We all live in the protection of certain cowardices which we call our principles.....







I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.....







They will say that you are on the wrong road, if it is your own....







Traditions are group efforts to keep the unexpected from happening....







I try not to break the rules, but merely to test their elasticity.....







When some folks agree with my opinions I begin to suspect I'm wrong.....








You laugh at me because I am different; I laugh because you are all the same....







The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well.....






What makes you think that human beings are sentient and aware?  There's no evidence for it.  Human beings never think for themselves, they find it too uncomfortable.  For the most part, members of our species simply repeat what they are told - and become upset if they are exposed to any different view.  The characteristic human trait is not awareness but conformity, and the characteristic result is religious warfare.  Other animals fight for territory or food; but, uniquely in the animal kingdom, human beings fight for their "beliefs."  The reason is that beliefs guide behavior, which has evolutionary importance among human beings.  But at a time when our behavior may well lead us to extinction, I see no reason to assume we have any awareness at all.  We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists.  Any other view of our species is a self-congratulatory delusion.....








I am not eccentric.  It's just that I am more alive than most people.  I am an unpopular electric eel set in a pond of goldfish. ....







I cannot and will not cut my conscience to fit this year's fashions....







Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed.....




 



You can never get enough of what you don't need to make you happy.....








You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need....








Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends.... Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts.....







There must be more to life than having everything....! 







The secret of happiness is to admire without desiring.....







He who buys what he does not need steals from himself. ....







The hardest thing is to take less when you can get more.....







I suppose the pleasure of country life lies really in the eternally renewed evidences of the determination to live. ....







Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion.....








I heard the teardrop hit my pillow before I even knew I was crying. ....







Every tear should live its purpose.  Don't ever wipe the reason away....







The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea....







More grievous than tears is the sight of them. ....







It is such a secret place, the land of tears....








A cynic is a person searching for an honest man, with a stolen lantern.....







Sarcasm is the sour cream of wit.....








 Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own...







We can destroy ourselves by cynicism and disillusion, just as effectively as by bombs....







Men hate to be misunderstood, and to be understood makes them furious....



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.